Friday, November 5, 2010

The Republic of Crapistan

So, this last weekend, on a trip to the coast I see a really awful older hatchback with rust, dents and all the trimmings.  Not particularly unusual except for the "I used to be on a Beemer flying down the autobahn" German license plate firmly plastered on the back.

Which led me to this particularly awesome observation, if I do say so myself.

"Kids," said I, "Just because you put a fancy sticker on something doesn't really make look any less like it came from the republic of Crapistan."   And we all giggled.

That was before Tuesday.  Before the elections.  Before the conservative gloating and the liberal butt-covering began.  Before a German site, Der Spiegel, said that our president was "cold, arrogant and elitist".

It seems like everything and nothing has changed in the past few days.   Oh the giggles and howls are getting old.   Is it a mandate or a temper tantrum the country just threw out?    Only time will tell.

Or, maybe, it's just a cool facade on a worn out vehicle so that the unobservant masses can pretend we are just as cool as we want to think we are.   And we can ignore the fact that the whole she-bang is looking more like the republic of Crapistan than the USofA.


Or not.  What do I know?

No comments:

Post a Comment